Vacation Rentals Versus Hotels: Which Is Best?
You’re planning your next family vacation, and you’re torn: should you book a hotel room with a big name chain, or should you venture into the world of vacation rentals? We’re all familiar with how hotels work and the spaces they offer. But renting a vacation home can make a huge difference in how you stay.
- More Space: Vacation homes typically offer more space than hotel rooms. This can be especially helpful for families with kids who need room to play and relax. With a vacation home, you can have separate bedrooms and living areas, as well as a kitchen and dining area. This extra space can make a huge difference in how enjoyable your vacation really is.
- More Privacy: Vacation homes offer more privacy than hotels. You won’t have to worry being disturbed by housekeeping or sharing a communal space. You’ll also have more control over your environment, which can be especially important for families with children who may need a quiet space to nap or sleep.
- More Amenities: Vacation homes often offer more amenities than hotels, such as private pools, hot tubs, outdoor grills, free wifi, smart TVs, and more. Some even have great entertainment options like game rooms or outdoor activities. These amenities can make your relaxation time more enjoyable, and they can save you money on dining and entertainment expenses.
- Cost Savings: Vacation homes are often more cost-effective than hotels, especially for families who need multiple rooms. When you’re traveling with a group needing more than two beds and a sofa sleeper, you’ll save a ton by renting a whole home rather than multiple pricy hotel rooms. You’ll also have a kitchen where you can prepare your own meals, which can save you money on dining out. You may even be able to find a vacation home that offers discounts for longer stays.
- Flexibility: With a vacation home, you’ll have the ability to come and go as you please. This can be especially important for families who have young children or who may need to take breaks during the day. Particularly when you book directly with the vacation rental’s owner, you may also be able to work out early check in or late check out, plus get tips on how to maximize your local transportation options, restaurant recommendations, and more.
Hotels are great for some travel needs! But as your family grows, your needs change – and it might be time to start looking into vacation rentals for your next trip!